It’s Fundraising’s Blue Screen of Death
Why Bother to Crash Your Matrix?
As Morpheus says to Neo in the first episode of The Matrix,
The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us . . . . Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.
But don’t fall into the trap of thinking you are powerless to act.
You can learn and act!
When you have crashed your matrix, you can become a boundary-spanning gift officer. You can help lead your development office towards a holistic, donor-focused philanthropy system. You can learn to:
- Rise above the culture war between institution-focused and donor-focused fundraising.
- Design and shape gifts to mesh compelling interests with compelling need.
- Deploy personalized philanthropy's three killer apps for good
- Realize the holy grail of fundraising: immediate donor impact, lifetime recognition and satisfaction
- Structure engagements utilizing a personalized gift design process to move beyond conventional solicitations.
- Make sense of your numbers for the people who count.
- Renew creativity in your own gift planning practice and help lead your development team to donor-focused giving
Just one donor’s excitement about this new way to give-with-impact-now can spark the change and be the catalyst for organization-wide awakening.
Buyer Beware: Throughout your reading you’ll have to keep in mind that it is somewhat inevitable that this book is as much bio as it is info. I hope you will enjoy this book and use it to crash through your own fundraising Matrix. It’s not so difficult. You begin with yourself.
Personalized Philanthropy: Crash the Fundraising Matrix